Hartlepool United Forum - Club Announcement
Vital Football

Latest Hartlepool United News

Hartlepool United Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Doncaster MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Carson12%
Donnelly3%
Walker1%
Harrison0%
Magnay6%
Woods3%
Featherstone1%
Hawkins1%
Alessandra6%
Amond1%
Oates12%
Sub - Deverdics1%
Sub - Rodney50%
Sub - Simpson3%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Alfalfa6
2.Old Poolie5
3.Smokin Joe4
4.billytwodogs4
5.Block Sands2
6.Darlo Waiter1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Club Announcement
22 December 2017 05:33 Post ID: #111886
Luke James
According to a post on the Bunker the club are going to make an announcement today and it’s not good news, anybody heard owt ?
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
22 December 2017 13:47 Post ID: #111887 - in reply to #111886
Luke James
Announcement on the Official Site - Pools are up for Sale!
It would appear the current owners have concluded that they neither have the funds or the appetite to continue pumping more money in to the Club.

Sadly, this is an all too familiar scenario from the many years I have been going down to The Vic.
Like post
Like this post
22 December 2017 19:58 Post ID: #111889 - in reply to #111886
Luke James
I think the current owners always saw this as a temporary arrangement following the debacle that was TMH. I don't know who is behind Pam but they obviously don't have bottomless pockets. Reading the Club Statement ( and I accept that is a one-sided view) they seem to have got the club back on a more or less stable footing and are now looking to pass it on to somebody who is prepared/able to throw more money away.

I think it's a good move to bring in an outside solicitor to oversee the process.

I think the best move would be for a similar arrangement to that with IOR where the owners actually wanted to loose money. I wonder if they've talked to Able UK ?
Like post
Like this post
22 December 2017 22:39 Post ID: #111894 - in reply to #111886
Simon Walton
The way I read this is that Blackedge and Duxbury have declared that they have taken HUFC 'as far as they can' - and now appear to want another group to finish the job and take us to the National League North and beyond - if not even liquidation.

The pair took a calculated risk in appointing the inexperienced Craig Harrison rather than a proven manager at this level, permitted him to squander priceless club funds on a highly dubious group of professionals and idly sat back and watched as a direct combination of his and his players incompetence the club exited the FA Cup, the FA Trophy and effectively slid out of promotion play-off contention.

Only now, when there is effectively nothing left to play for this season do they unashamedly come clean and admit they are not prepared to invest further in the club. Whilst not (yet) on the same scale as the TMH or JPNG fiascos the events of today stink to high heaven and represent the latest in a series of kicks in the gonads for the Pools fanbase. The announcement is predictably couched in business speak and weasel buzz words but the message is loud and clear, we've been s*it upon from a great height yet again - and this time it could be terminal.

Sorry, but I would not trust Blackedge and Duxbury any more than their aforementioned predecessors. With hindsight the last 2 or 3 months have seen nothing more than a series of untruths, broken promises and convenient silences from the owners - expect the worst guys it is only a matter of time fear.
Like post
Like this post
23 December 2017 11:43 Post ID: #111895 - in reply to #111886
Simon Walton
Worth saying that Harrison has a very large squad. Had he been a better judge of playing ability he could have achieved better results with less bodies. How many of the current squad have started less than 5 games this season? I bet it is a significant number. Of course they are all drawing wages
and bleeding the club dry. Some of his "choices" have appeared on the treatment table for the majority of their time at the club: Luke George, Blair Adams, Watson, Thorne, Ledger. Most seasons we have a sick note or two but I don't remember so many crocks assembled together in a pools dressing room.

Edited by Alfalfa 23/12/2017 11:46
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: