Hartlepool United Forum - Morcambe
Vital Football

Latest Hartlepool United News

Hartlepool United Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Doncaster MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Carson12%
Donnelly3%
Walker0%
Harrison0%
Magnay7%
Woods1%
Featherstone1%
Hawkins0%
Alessandra7%
Amond1%
Oates12%
Sub - Deverdics1%
Sub - Rodney52%
Sub - Simpson3%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Alfalfa7
2.Smokin Joe6
3.billytwodogs4
4.Block Sands1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Morcambe
04 November 2017 15:50 Post ID: #111760
Simon Walton
One down at half time after conceding after 4 minutes. We haven't had a shot either on target or off target. I presume the game plan was to defend like fook and hit them on the break but now we have to show the initiative and I wonder if we are equipped to do it. Certainly no sign of it so far. All a bit disappointing since Morcambe have shown poor form this season so it is not like we are playing a good team. Hope he can change things at half time and give the large away support something to cheer.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
04 November 2017 16:24 Post ID: #111761 - in reply to #111760
Simon Walton
Two down now. Bye bye FA Cup for another year. I guess it confirms what most of us already believe: we are nowhere near Football league standard. Morcambe are a fairly poor League 2 team and they have rolled us over quite comfortably. At least now we can concentrate on winning the League(joke). Feel sorry for all the travelling Poolies.
Like post
Like this post
04 November 2017 19:39 Post ID: #111762 - in reply to #111760
Fantasy Football Champion 08/09
Really disappointing result, expected it to be a closer game but it seems they battered us.

Agree it shows us for what we were today...a conference side, saving grace is we weren’t at full strength. It may be a bit cliche but priority is getting back into the football league.

Like post
Like this post
04 November 2017 22:27 Post ID: #111763 - in reply to #111760
Simon Walton
Hopefully this will serve as a wake up call after pure hype has once again taken over Harrison and his minions over recent weeks not to mention the numpties who impersonate professional journalists in the local rag. The current Pools squad is nowhere near L2 standard and without investment to introduce quality in midfield and upfront we may as well resign ourselves to an extended stay in this Godforsaken league.
Like post
Like this post
05 November 2017 10:53 Post ID: #111764 - in reply to #111760
Fantasy Football Champion 08/09
Think we have a squad to compete in this league, not necessarily win it, but compete.

It’s the next step we’ll find difficult. Without changes or at least a fully fit first eleven We’ll struggle in the league as a lot of our current crop are national league standard at best. Even with a fully fit first eleven we’ll need further investment in “league” players.

One step at a time though, let’s get out of here then review.

Like post
Like this post
05 November 2017 11:03 Post ID: #111765 - in reply to #111760
Simon Walton
I notice Craig Harrison praised the travelling Poolies and seemed confident we would get three points next week away at Boreham Wood. I dont think he realized they beat League One Blackpool yesterday.
Like post
Like this post
05 November 2017 22:49 Post ID: #111766 - in reply to #111765
Simon Walton
Im increasingly of the opinion that Harrison lives in La La Land for most of the time. He needs to get a grip on reality and realise the limitations of this group. With a little common sense and application a draw and consequently a replay yesterday should have been within reach against a poor Morecambe outfit but was unachievable primarily due to Harrison's sheer inexperience.
Like post
Like this post
06 November 2017 10:19 Post ID: #111767 - in reply to #111760
Simon Walton
Thing is though, if we had got a replay our home form is pish poor so we would only have been delaying the inevitable.

I gather Mr Laing was responsible for two of Morcambe's goals. It would be interesting to see how many goals he has cost us so far, I bet it must be close to double figures.He always seems to drop clangers. Central defence is a problem for us. Laing and Harrison (when he plays)are not up to it when we face sustained pressure. Watson and and Ledger were forming a good partnership but that seems doomed certainly till the new year. At Boreham it looks likely to be Harrison and Laing because Donnelly is both suspended and away with Ireland and I suspect Ledger's confidence is being battered playing alongside Laing. Boreham might not be the pushovers that Craig harrison thinks they are.
Like post
Like this post
06 November 2017 22:40 Post ID: #111768 - in reply to #111760
Simon Walton
No team in this League can be regarded as pushovers especially for a Pools squad with fundamental weaknesses in central defence. No combination of Laing, Donnelly, Ledger and least of all the car crash that is (Scott) Harrison can be considered man enough for the task in hand. Harrison (Craig) needs to get his out of the clouds and address this issue ASAP otherwise our slim chances of making the playoffs will disappate faster than the morning firkin mist.

If Watson isn't fit to play a regular part by Xmas then he surely must should be dispatched back to whence he came as Pools cannot afford the luxury of continuing to support this expensive sicknote in addition to carrying the likes of Lana Laing and Harrison (Scott).

Everyone knows that this season represents our best chance (however slim) of returning to the EFL. You can bet your life thar the handful of few decent players such as Deverdics, Franks and Loach will be away at the end of the season if we are not at least serious play-off contenders. Hands up those who honestly believe that Harrison (Craig) is man enough to deliver the goods?
Like post
Like this post
07 November 2017 10:56 Post ID: #111769 - in reply to #111760
Simon Walton
If we had a decent Centre Half who was not injury prone and did not keep dropping clangers we might be in with a chance of play offs. Without one I think it is unlikely. Interesting you cite Deverdics as one of our better players and as I am sure you get the chance to see Pools far more often than I do I respect your view, but the impression I get is he lacks consistency and can "disappear" although his dead ball skills are without question.
Like post
Like this post
07 November 2017 23:05 Post ID: #111770 - in reply to #111769
Simon Walton
You are quite correct Alfa, Deverdics is indeed inconsistent, he is prone to 'disappearing' and is too often caught out of position. But he is NOT a full-back and takes a mean free kick as you say so let's cut the lad a bit of slack. The fact that I still cite him as one of our few decent players speaks volumes for the rest.

I haven't seen that much of Pools primarily because I was absent for 6x weeks due a combination of holidays and sheer disgust after witnessing the tripe served up in the opener against Dover. Consequently I've not seen Watson play and very little of Cassidy or Donaldson. I understand that this trio when (if) they regain match fitness may also qualify for a half-decent tag.

Unfortunately this leaves the mortal remains of the worst of the relegation-clinching squad coupled with a host of no-hopers snapped up by the inexperienced Harrison Craig who by his own admission struggled to get up to speed with a league far above his previous lowly charges.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: