Hartlepool United Forum - Woking today
Vital Football

Latest Hartlepool United News

Hartlepool United Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Doncaster MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Carson12%
Donnelly3%
Walker1%
Harrison0%
Magnay7%
Woods1%
Featherstone1%
Hawkins0%
Alessandra7%
Amond1%
Oates12%
Sub - Deverdics1%
Sub - Rodney51%
Sub - Simpson3%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Alfalfa20
2.billytwodogs18
3.Old Poolie8
4.Smokin Joe7
5.Block Sands6
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Woking today
30 September 2017 15:01 Post ID: #111705
Fantasy Football Champion 08/09
I think have won seven and lost five, no draws. Looks like a toughy.

Yet to be convinced by anything Donaldson has done, and can't for the life of me see what Harrison obviously sees in him, must be a good trainer ??.

Hawkins struggled last time out and could easily have been benched for today's game.
Woods is once more suffering a crisis of confidence, for me he doesn't have to be spectacular just work hard and bring energy to the midfield. These areas will determine how poor or how well we perform today.

Good luck to Thorne hope he does well.

We'll need to score if we are to get anything out of the game.

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
30 September 2017 15:39 Post ID: #111706 - in reply to #111705
I was typing as Ryan Lloyd and Ryan Upward both scored in the first and third minutes for Macclesfield and Maidenhead respectively, and I knew then he would get one today.

I was once having a problem with a large immovable object, well for me at least, I had a small wager with a joiner that he wouldn't be able to get the item to where it needed to be.

We both won
Like post
Like this post
30 September 2017 15:53 Post ID: #111707 - in reply to #111705
Simon Walton
I see we are drawing 1-1 at half time after we lead after 27 minutes. I note that this season we have not yet lost after scoring first.......is today the day?
Like post
Like this post
30 September 2017 17:58 Post ID: #111708 - in reply to #111705
Simon Walton
Glad I was wrong. A good point against a form team.
Like post
Like this post
01 October 2017 12:40 Post ID: #111709 - in reply to #111705
As an aside, Ryan Upward, Ryan Lloyd, Ryan Donaldson and Ryan Bird all scored for teams in the national league. That's not going to happen regularly, which I had a pound on it yesterday.

We seem to be wading through treacle at the moment, losing only one of our last 7 games but occupying 18th place. Saying that we're 6pts off a play off spot and 8pts off top spot.

It's as tight as a duck's backside, the full league.

Like post
Like this post
01 October 2017 21:23 Post ID: #111710 - in reply to #111705
Simon Walton
Oh wow, let us all rejoice with the securing of priceless away point against the mighty Woking FC - a further damning and disgusting indictment of the level of expectation that the once-proud HUFC club and its dwindling fanbase is reduced to - if such was needed.

OK so the odd point and even a rare victory or two may be occasionally secured but lets not kid ourselves the current side will continue to rattle around the lower reaches of this soulless league without the introduction of some badly needed quality - and there is precious little sign of the owners appetite for that given the latest in a long line of cheap n cheerful acquisitions.
Like post
Like this post
01 October 2017 22:20 Post ID: #111711 - in reply to #111705
Simon Walton
To be fair, Joe, if you were a Football League journeyman would you join a non league club in a very unfashionable part of the world if you had any sort of choice, particularly if the wages on offer were average? We are limited to the injury prone and those who are not quite good enough. If we had a smaller squad we would be able to pay higher wages so we could attract better players but sadly that ship has already sailed. As things stand it is becoming obvious we are not good enough to go straight back up. That is a depressing prospect because if we dont go up, the parachute money stops which then means that financially we are no better than the majority of other clubs in the National League. We are facing the unfortunate prospect of the National League for years to come.
Like post
Like this post
02 October 2017 23:07 Post ID: #111714 - in reply to #111705
Simon Walton
You are of course chillingly accurate in your assessment of the club's plight Alfalfa but it is increasingly difficult to continue to support the club in the current circumstances. I stand by my assertion that the appointment of Craig Harrison was a poor decision by the new owners. It has taken him a quarter of the season to get to grips with what is required to succeed at this level and Im still to be convinced that he has what it takes in his locker.

During that time he has signed several players who are clearly inadequate resulting yet again in an over large squad being assembled - but one sadly lacking in quality. Yet again the club has failed to invest/attract a single natural goalscorer preferring to introduce four or five youths and/or journeymen presumably for an equivalent cumulative wage. Harrison was recently quoted as saying 'we have to remember who and where we are' in respect of attracting new signings which is of course similar to your words above. It is telling however that such statements are never made in June or July when the club management is busy convincing fans of their ambition (ooh me ribs) in order to prise hard-earned cash for ST renewals.

Home attendances are holding up reasonably well at present but will drop off drastically should we fail to make visible progress up the table and/or exit the FA Cup atthe hands of Shields which represents a distinct possibility I'm afraid.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: