Hartlepool United Forum - Fylde
Vital Football

Latest Hartlepool United News

Hartlepool United Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Doncaster MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Carson12%
Donnelly3%
Walker0%
Harrison0%
Magnay7%
Woods0%
Featherstone1%
Hawkins0%
Alessandra7%
Amond1%
Oates12%
Sub - Deverdics1%
Sub - Rodney53%
Sub - Simpson3%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Alfalfa16
2.billytwodogs11
3.Smokin Joe4
4.Old Poolie3
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Fylde
26 August 2017 15:52 Post ID: #111651
Simon Walton
So we are a goal down at half time against the mighty Fylde FC. We all understand that in football sometimes the opposition will score first, it is the nature of the game but if the opposition scores first every fecking time you play there must be something wrong either with the tactics, the team selection or the personnel. Pools have played six games in the National league and every single time the opposition have scored first. I must admit that when Harrison announced he would be playing one up front in a home game against a team who are almost as bad as us, I had my doubts. Who knows maybe we will storm back in the second half and win the game. I hope we will but am not expecting it. I hope the fans at the Vic are making their feelings heard.

Edited by Alfalfa 26/8/2017 15:54
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
26 August 2017 16:39 Post ID: #111652 - in reply to #111651
Jack Baldwin
2-0 down now. Don't think Harrison (the Manager) has a clue. Get rid of him now before its too late.
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2017 16:59 Post ID: #111653 - in reply to #111651
Simon Walton
After another afternoon of hopelessness we are now second bottom of the National League only avoiding bottom place because Torquay are even worse than us. In six games we have scored two goals in open play and one penalty. In three games we have not scored. Every game we play we let the opposition score first. As each game comes and goes we do not look like improving. All this despite having the biggest budget in the Nationwide League and the biggest playing squad. We really are a laughing stock. If Harrison wont do the decent thing Pam Duxbury must intervene before the damage is beyond repair.
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2017 18:41 Post ID: #111654 - in reply to #111651
Luke James
Another game, another starting formation! I think it was 4 1 4 1 . Plus the reintroduction of Munns who hadn't started a game since the opening game against Dover.
The overall performance, from kick off, looked disjointed and thrown together based on who fancied having a bit of a kickabout. There was no energy or intent. Defending corners required the whole team to come back into the penalty area, so there was no 'out' ball. With the exception of Scott Loach I don't think there was a single player who can hold their heads up after that "performance". No shots on target, 1 corner garnered in the 80th minute - says everything.

To me it appears that Craig Harrison, like his predecessors Craig Hignett Dave Jones Ronnie Moore etc etc, has lost the dressing room and can't motivate the players to come out and give us Poolies something to cheer.
Our only hope is Pam has enough money in the coffers from the sale of Amond to pay Harrison and his backroom staff off, ASAP!
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2017 19:30 Post ID: #111655 - in reply to #111651
Simon Walton
Old Poolie if you were at the match could you say how the crowd reacted. According to the Mail, Pools were booed off at half time. Any anti Harrison chants etc? Just wondering.
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2017 21:53 Post ID: #111658 - in reply to #111651
Luke James
Alf I was at the match and, rightly, the team were booed off at halftime and fulltime.
Craig Harrison and his assistants (sic) rushed down the tunnel at fulltime and there was some chanting of discontent from the Town End faithful at fulltime, but nothing like the abuse dished out to some previous inept managerial teams.

Think the issue for Pam will be the dwindling gate and falling receipts.
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2017 22:50 Post ID: #111660 - in reply to #111651
Fantasy Football Champion 08/09
Last game we conceded two without reply, our worse defeat, it continued today, we're not improving.

First game for me this season but even from today's 'alleged' performance even I can see it's too much for Harrison. He has to walk away and Bates is not the man to take over.

If I was the money person I would be on the phone to Cox this evening, has to be an improvement, f"*k me I truly believe I could do a better job.

Magnay's absence and the apparent lack of a captain spoke volumes today. It's not working.

Like post
Like this post
26 August 2017 23:18 Post ID: #111661 - in reply to #111651
Fantasy Football Champion 08/09
Loads wrong today. How Donaldson got 45 seconds never mind 45 minutes was an amazement in its self. I was 50 yards from what Donaldson wasn't doing, Harrison was 4 at most, I could see he was sh'te how come Harrison couldn't?

I thought Scotty Harrison was the problem, wrong, Craig Harrison is the problem. First of all pick a balanced side you bellend. Donaldson f""king Donaldson has less of a fight in him than Amond. t**t cruised through his time on the field, never again! and we wasted Franks on the left while this t**t did absolutely f"*kall on the right.

Harrison cannot be allowed to continue surely, this early in the campaign and it's over. Does anybody know what formation or tactics we tried to play today? I'm certain the players didn't.
Like post
Like this post
26 August 2017 23:45 Post ID: #111664 - in reply to #111658
Simon Walton
Many thanks for the reply OP. I can only guess the abuse will increase as the defeats pile up.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: