Hartlepool United Forum - Saturday's televised game
Vital Football

Latest Hartlepool United News

Hartlepool United Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Doncaster MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Carson12%
Donnelly3%
Walker1%
Harrison0%
Magnay6%
Woods3%
Featherstone1%
Hawkins1%
Alessandra6%
Amond1%
Oates12%
Sub - Deverdics1%
Sub - Rodney50%
Sub - Simpson3%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Alfalfa11
2.Old Poolie9
3.Smokin Joe4
4.billytwodogs4
5.Block Sands2
6.Darlo Waiter1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Saturday's televised game
04 May 2017 08:10 Post ID: #111515
Fantasy Football Champion 08/09
Easy to see why Sky have gone for this game.
With Plymouth away to Grimsby and the possibility of a draw putting them on 87pts for the season and Portsmouth, currently with 84pts, entertaining Cheltenham. A win seems the only outcome, leaving them on 87pts for the season.

Doncaster currently with 85pts need a win, especially if the above two scenarios playout. That will see them leap frog over Plymouth and elation will overcome the Rink end as the League two trophy lands at the Vic. The other extreme will see a massive grey cloud descend on all other parts of the ground as pools fans drown in our own tears as our destiny lurks like Dickens' ghost of Christmas yet to come.

However if pools were to pull off the [almost] impossible and Newport do us a favour by losing, it's a great picture painted for the TV cameras as pools fans drown in tears, this time of joy as we live to fight another [league 2] day.

It's a win win for Sky whatever the outcome.

Never say die.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
04 May 2017 12:31 Post ID: #111516 - in reply to #111515
Simon Walton
Spot on, mate. We must not give away an early goal because the gloom will descend too early. The longer we can keep it 0-0 the more it will be interesting but at the end of the day we know what's going to happen.
Like post
Like this post
04 May 2017 12:32 Post ID: #111517 - in reply to #111515
Simon Walton
edit double post

Edited by Alfalfa 4/5/2017 12:33
Like post
Like this post
04 May 2017 20:31 Post ID: #111518 - in reply to #111515
Antony Sweeney
I've had the lot - denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I'm going along on Saturday with no hope or expectation. We've had our chances, we've blown it.

All the chairman's resignation has done is ensure there are no protests against the current ownership structure of the club on Saturday.

I have read Pam Duxbury's statement and while it is saying the things you might want to hear, we've had two years of half-truths, false hopes and vague platitudes. Forgive me for reserving judgement, and I'm talking about reserving judgement for months and years rather than weeks.

The club has been run into the ground, saddled with debt and had its reputation trashed. Now the man who led us to this disaster wants fans to buy HIM out of HIS mess.

The property developers and asset strippers have cut costs to the absolute bone, and only now do they come out of the woodwork - just as they're about to lose £350,000 of Football League money. We are talking about owners who sold, sold, sold and cut, cut, cut this season. And guess what? They want us to go and throw a load of season ticket money at them to make sure their investment stays afloat! The brass neck!

I notice yet another name - Mark Fisher - is mentioned in that article, no doubt another very highly rewarded individual who has been taking club money instead of it being spent on the playing squad.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: