Hartlepool United Forum - Three horse race
Vital Football

Latest Hartlepool United News

Hartlepool United Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Doncaster MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Carson12%
Donnelly3%
Walker1%
Harrison0%
Magnay6%
Woods3%
Featherstone1%
Hawkins1%
Alessandra6%
Amond1%
Oates12%
Sub - Deverdics1%
Sub - Rodney50%
Sub - Simpson3%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Alfalfa11
2.Old Poolie9
3.Smokin Joe4
4.billytwodogs4
5.Block Sands2
6.Darlo Waiter1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Three horse race
28 April 2017 08:06 Post ID: #111499
Fantasy Football Champion 08/09
As we approach the final furlong do we really believe it is going down to the wire?
Looking at current form, over the last five games in particular, we must be the favourites for the drop.

We have, over the last five games, drew two and lost three. Doesn't take Carol Vorderman to work out the points.

Cheltenham have won two, drew two and lost only one.

Newport have won four and lost one. So without a win in recent times it looks like we're for the drop unless our very own 'dirty dozen' suddenly become Brazil, turn on the style and win the final two games and leave the rest in the lap of God. If and it's a highly unlikely if, they suddenly do become world beaters I for one will have to question their role as so called 'professionals'.

Although we do need maximum points, to all of a sudden use maximum effort seems as though the tail has been wagging the dog for almost the full length of Jones' tenure.
It's not too late for pools to survive but they are all in it together!!!

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
28 April 2017 08:24 Post ID: #111500 - in reply to #111499
Sam Collins
Without doubt the odds are heavily stacked against Pools' survival, I expect it will come down to a 2 horse race on the final day of the season.

Strange things happen in football, remember the season when Bristol Rovers were relegated - nobody would have anticipated Wycombe avoiding the drop by virtue of goal difference on the last day of the season. So you never know (but I suspect we can guess).
Like post
Like this post
28 April 2017 15:03 Post ID: #111502 - in reply to #111499
Simon Walton
In the Cheltenham game the lads will be giving everything but the knowledge that just one mistake will be so costly will make them nervous as fook so if we let in an early goal the wheels could fall off. We may get a draw but with Newport drawing at Carlise we will be left needing to beat Donny and hope Newport lose at home to nothing to play for Notts County which is not going to happen. Sorry, I know football is a funny old game but we flushed away our chances of escape at Morcambe and Barnet at home. While I am hoping for the best, common sense tells me to get ready for Nationwide League football.
Like post
Like this post
29 April 2017 11:46 Post ID: #111503 - in reply to #111499
Sky sports news ribbon and I quote "Hartlepool will be relegated if they fail to win at Cheltenham and Newport beat Carlisle". Reality is dawning. Still maintain it's out of our hands.

Shows how poor the league is there are also eleven teams in the fight for playoff places.

Only thing to look forward to is hopefully Kidderminster getting promoted.
Like post
Like this post
02 May 2017 07:49 Post ID: #111510 - in reply to #111499
Two horse race now. Think we have seriously hampered ourselves against opposition we should be getting something from, Leyton Orient and Cheltenham, specifically, and maybe more from the Morecambe game.

Be interesting to see how we handicap ourselves next term, players out, youngsters in etc. Influencing factor for this particular [current] season ticket holder. Wonder what the retained list looks like and who is the list decision maker?

Like post
Like this post
02 May 2017 10:33 Post ID: #111511 - in reply to #111499
Simon Walton
I am guessing most if not all of our better players will want away to continue their Football League Careers. We will be left with a few youngsters and players we dont want but cant get rid of because they are under contract. We'll sign one or two and head for the delights of Forest Green Rovers etc. I am close to tears.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: