Hartlepool United Forum - Pools Manager
Vital Football

Latest Hartlepool United News

Hartlepool United Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Doncaster MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Carson12%
Donnelly3%
Walker1%
Harrison0%
Magnay6%
Woods3%
Featherstone1%
Hawkins1%
Alessandra6%
Amond1%
Oates12%
Sub - Deverdics1%
Sub - Rodney50%
Sub - Simpson3%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Alfalfa11
2.Old Poolie9
3.Smokin Joe4
4.billytwodogs4
5.Block Sands2
6.Darlo Waiter1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pools Manager
24 April 2017 08:50 Post ID: #111489
Sam Collins
According to the Hartlepool Mail, Dave Jones and his backroom team have been sacked. They will be replaced by Matty Bates, Billy Paynter, etc until the end of the season.
No confirmation, as yet, on the Official Pools site.

This is another 'too little, too late' action by the Owners. Still it'll save some wages over the summer.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
24 April 2017 15:21 Post ID: #111491 - in reply to #111489
Simon Walton
It might save some wages but don't forget they will all have had a payout because their contract was ended before the due date. I reckon it will have cost the club a fair amount of their borrowed money. Worth every penny. We are going down but at least we can start the rebuilding process hopefully with a reasonable manager rather than a guy who does not belong in our level of football.
Like post
Like this post
24 April 2017 22:16 Post ID: #111492 - in reply to #111489
Fantasy Football Champion 08/09
Is this were we get to turn back the clock and see if this bus really does drive itself?
Like post
Like this post
25 April 2017 08:31 Post ID: #111494 - in reply to #111489
Sam Collins
Going forward the concerns, irrespective of final league position, include:
- who decides on the retained list
- how long does the board take appointing a new manager
- who identifies recruitment targets, and therefore tactics for next season

Pools have, with the last 4 managers, tried to make quick appointments none of which have worked. Perhaps taking a bit longer to ensure getting in "a man with a plan" would prove beneficial.

I've read, in the media, some of DJ's parting comments and whilst I think he was lacking in appreciation of the requirements of team management in League 2 much of what he says has a ring of truth. Pools problem over the last 7 years has been that it has been managed like a glorified pub team!
I'm sure that there will be those who disagree but the constant stumbling from one crisis to the next would suggest otherwise.
Like post
Like this post
25 April 2017 11:30 Post ID: #111495 - in reply to #111494
Luke James
Old Poolie - 25/4/2017 08:31

Pools problem over the last 7 years has been that it has been managed like a glorified pub team!
I'm sure that there will be those who disagree but the constant stumbling from one crisis to the next would suggest otherwise.

The truth is that HUFC is not, and never has, been something that players and managers are keen to have on their CV. Therefore we are limited in who we can attract. There is always, supposedly, dozens of applicants to be manager but, is that really the case and, even if it is, how many of those are realistic prospects ? Dave Jones was apparently realistic and an ideal choice with his experience but turned out to be no good.

I don't want to predict which league we'll be in next season although it is pretty certain. That will determine what kind of man we are looking for.
Like post
Like this post
27 April 2017 19:48 Post ID: #111496 - in reply to #111489
Antony Sweeney
I wouldn't trust Gary Coxall and the rest of the no doubt highly regarded management structure to pick their nose, never mind pick a good manager. Especially if a choice is limited to those who are clients/friends of certain sports management firms.

On the topic of Dave Jones I'm afraid he's absolutely embarrassed himself both in the job and in the days since his sacking. The players were looking like a lower mid-table side when him and his coaching chums took over and ended up getting tonked by the youth team of the worst side in the country by the end of his reign.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: