Hartlepool United Forum - Conspiracy Theory (s)
Vital Football

Latest Hartlepool United News

Hartlepool United Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Doncaster MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Carson12%
Donnelly3%
Walker1%
Harrison0%
Magnay6%
Woods3%
Featherstone1%
Hawkins1%
Alessandra6%
Amond1%
Oates12%
Sub - Deverdics1%
Sub - Rodney50%
Sub - Simpson3%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Alfalfa11
2.Old Poolie9
3.Smokin Joe4
4.billytwodogs4
5.Block Sands2
6.Darlo Waiter1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Conspiracy Theory (s)
18 April 2017 13:58 Post ID: #111457
Sam Collins
After the performance against Carlisle on Friday, which wasn't the best but at least had some spirit about it, what caused the collapse in morale yesterday? Have the players already been told of their end of season fate, are they aware that funds are scarce and salaries may be deferred?

What was the club's logic in appointing Dave Jones, was it because he accepted the role without demanding any assurances?

Why announce Season Ticket prices for next season when there is no certainty as to which division they will be competing in. Perhaps the pricing gives a clue as to expectation. (I've maintained for seasons that if supporters are only prepared to pay non-league entrance prices, then inevitably we'd end up watching non-league football - guess what!)
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
18 April 2017 19:14 Post ID: #111462 - in reply to #111457
Antony Sweeney
Old Poolie - 18/4/2017 13:58

What was the club's logic in appointing Dave Jones, was it because he accepted the role without demanding any assurances?

Or because he's happy to come in and cut the budget for the owners, who can dazzle the fans with a 'former Premier League manager' while he does their dirty work and cuts the squad back to the bone.

I can't see Dave Jones getting another job as a football manager after this. Ironically, given our budget, he looks spent.
Like post
Like this post
18 April 2017 21:06 Post ID: #111463 - in reply to #111462
Luke James
Don't take any interest in conspiracy theories. Dave Jones was available and, I would think, relatively cheap - end of.
Like post
Like this post
19 April 2017 00:25 Post ID: #111466 - in reply to #111457
Simon Walton
Jones has had to face the fact that he just cant do it anymore. I bet he thought he would waft in, make a few changes on the training pitch and keep us in the league without too much difficulty. The scale of the task has turned out to be far bigger than he expected and the result is a sickener for all concerned. I hope he wont be around to manage us next season: that would be the last straw. Just wondering what it must be like in the Pools dressing room at the moment. I wonder if they are all laughing and joking cos they'll have another club next year?
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: