Hartlepool United Forum - Orient Must Win But Can We?
Vital Football

Latest Hartlepool United News

Hartlepool United Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Doncaster MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Carson12%
Donnelly3%
Walker1%
Harrison0%
Magnay6%
Woods3%
Featherstone1%
Hawkins1%
Alessandra6%
Amond1%
Oates12%
Sub - Deverdics1%
Sub - Rodney50%
Sub - Simpson3%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Alfalfa6
2.Old Poolie5
3.Smokin Joe4
4.billytwodogs4
5.Block Sands2
6.Darlo Waiter1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2): 1
Orient Must Win But Can We?
18 April 2017 13:59 Post ID: #111458 - in reply to #111435
Simon Walton
lol. Well it would be lol if it wasnt so serious. I remember the singing of EE I EE I O "up the football league We Go." Now we will be singing "Down to the Nationwide we must go."
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
18 April 2017 15:50 Post ID: #111459 - in reply to #111435
Jack Baldwin
Not been here for quite a while. I have a season ticket, but I walked out of the game with Cambridge on 10th December, when 0-4 down, we eventually lost 0-5. The writing was on the wall way back then. Since then they sacked Hignett, appointed Dave Jones. But its just got worse.
Think Jones has just come here for a pay-packet. I listen to all the commentaries on Radio Tees. It makes you wonder when Ivan Ash, Nick Loughlin and Eddie Kyle can see where the problems are, but Jones obviously can't. I am keeping my fingers crossed we don't get relegated, but I can't see it happening. Ivan Ash described the match at Orient as probably in his Top 5 of the worst Pools performances he has seen in his many years of commentating. No spirit, no ideas, players going through the motions. I have not been back since December, and I won't venture there again this season. If we end up in the Conference, I won't venture to watch them play in that league. As I am now in my late sixties, it may well be I have already seen my last Pools game. Supported them for 60 years through thick and thin (mostly very thin), but feeling very depressed about our prospects. A town needs a Football League club. This town is in a desperate enough state at present without us losing our beloved Football League status.
Like post
Like this post
18 April 2017 21:14 Post ID: #111464 - in reply to #111459
Luke James
WTFDIK - 18/4/2017 15:50

..................A town needs a Football League club. This town is in a desperate enough state at present without us losing our beloved Football League status.

And the reason HUFC has almost always been near the bottom of the bottom tier of the football league is that the town of Hartlepool has never supported the club in sufficient numbers. Of course you can say that a successful team would attract better support but that hasn't been the case in the past. Even in the best of times we have never consistently attracted more that 5000 and most of the time it has been mid 2000s.
Like post
Like this post
19 April 2017 00:16 Post ID: #111465 - in reply to #111435
Simon Walton
Hartlepool is a small town by modern standards and has some very big neighbours so Pools are never going to attract consistently large crowds but that doesn't mean we should expect pish poor leading to non league football. Rochdale, Bury, Mansfield etc are similar to us but manage to have viable and fairly respectable football clubs. With decent management on and off the pitch we could be the same.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2): 1
Jump to forum: