Hartlepool United Forum - Newport County
Vital Football

Latest Hartlepool United News

Hartlepool United Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Doncaster MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Carson12%
Donnelly3%
Walker1%
Harrison0%
Magnay6%
Woods3%
Featherstone1%
Hawkins1%
Alessandra6%
Amond1%
Oates12%
Sub - Deverdics1%
Sub - Rodney50%
Sub - Simpson3%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Alfalfa11
2.Old Poolie9
3.Smokin Joe4
4.billytwodogs4
5.Block Sands2
6.Darlo Waiter1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Newport County
27 January 2017 12:15 Post ID: #110824
Sam Collins
They will certainly be a different prospect to the team we played earlier in the season, with no less than 12 signings in the January window.
This will be a typical, for Pools, banana skin fixture as Newport haven't won since November. Hence, though I'm concerned which Pools turnout, I would be delighted to return home with a point.

Newport 0 Pools 0

I don't expect Nathan Thomas to have any part in the game as Newport's pitch wouldn't suit his abilities, and could have a detrimental impact on his ongoing recovery from recent surgery.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
27 January 2017 18:20 Post ID: #110826 - in reply to #110824
Simon Walton
A close one again. I can see a narrow win or a narrow defeat probably the latter.
Like post
Like this post
28 January 2017 16:32 Post ID: #110829 - in reply to #110824
Simon Walton
I was wrong. 3-0 down with 20 minutes to go. Another miserable capitulation. Dave Jones era not going to be plain sailing. Here's hoping other relegation candidates also get beat.
Like post
Like this post
28 January 2017 17:21 Post ID: #110830 - in reply to #110824
Simon Walton
All three goals came from corners. We had four shots at goal all game and two of them on target. The bottom team in the league have taken four points off us. I guess that tells you all you need to know. Pig sick.
Like post
Like this post
28 January 2017 17:26 Post ID: #110831 - in reply to #110829
Sam Collins
Another disappointing result, but perhaps not that surprising. Pools have a long history of losing games against sides struggling a the foot of the table!

Perhaps this result, and performance, will indicate more clearly to Dave Jones the enormity of the task he has taken on, plus the desperate need for some experienced additions to the squad before the transfer deadline.
Like post
Like this post
28 January 2017 17:33 Post ID: #110832 - in reply to #110824
Simon Walton
I wasn't expecting anything amazing I was just hoping that with with the new boss and the momentum from last week's win we would have given Newport a decent game instead of just rolling over.
Like post
Like this post
28 January 2017 21:35 Post ID: #110834 - in reply to #110824
Antony Sweeney
Really disappointing result which has brought them right back into contention when they were looking dead and buried. Most teams behind us have games in hand as well.

Afraid it's gonna take a lot more than cheap loanees and aging strikers to get us out of this mess Mr Chairman. Talk is cheap but it won't keep us up.
Like post
Like this post
29 January 2017 19:18 Post ID: #110837 - in reply to #110824
Fantasy Football Champion 08/09
Really disappointed, wasn't really expecting the same eleven as last week to pull up any trees, as I said elsewhere could only see two reasons for last weeks starting eleven: last chance salooners or overlooked resurgents. Looking at yesterday's 'performance' and I use the term lightly in case any one from trades description are looking in, it appeared to be the former.

How are we preparing, if indeed we are preparing, for games? We should have known what their craic would be.......Ryan Bird 6ft 4in, Reid 6ft, Williams 6ft, a poor playing surface. Surely anyone could have guessed the ball wasn't going to spend a lot of time on the ground, and their primary tactic would be set plays/dead ball situations. The opening goal was always going to be a given, Bird from a header.

Jones said his first job was to watch loads of videos [of pools]. He must have got bored otherwise he would have noticed that prior to last week some individuals have brought little to the table, granted some in cameos but some on a more regular basis. We're not seeing any improvement with our weak areas and those left at the club should have identified those to Jones if he hadn't already witnessed them in the videos.

I still think there is enough there to get us to mid table mediocrity, not necessarily in yesterday's particular eleven.

I keep going round in circles repeating myself a lot but on a lighter note, one of the two funniest lines from British comedy and immortalised by Eric Morecambe........we have all the right notes we're just not playing them in the right order, It's up to Jones to put them in the right order. We all have our own 'right order' as it's all about opinions.

Not sure he knows what he's let himself in for but it's going to take everything he has in his football bank.

Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: