Hartlepool United Forum - Rob Jones and Backroom Staff
Vital Football

Latest Hartlepool United News

Hartlepool United Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Doncaster MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Sub - Deverdics1%
Sub - Rodney50%
Sub - Simpson3%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
3.Old Poolie1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Rob Jones and Backroom Staff
12 September 2016 17:10 Post ID: #110293
James Poole
What a waste of a signing. He missed numerous games at the end of last season through injury and appears to be continuing in the same mode this season. Like Bates every time he goes down you do not know if he will get up.
Maybe he can be used as an assistant to Parnaby with their combined records of injuries they should be brilliant at helping injured players.
As an afterthought just how many backroom staff have we got? Fleming. Collins, McGuckin, Hewitson, Caig,Sweeney, Fitness Coach, Kitman, and of course Buster the phyisio. All of these I understand are full time.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
12 September 2016 21:13 Post ID: #110294 - in reply to #110293
Simon Walton
Yep Rob Jones is clearly a sick note.
Like post
Like this post
16 September 2016 14:18 Post ID: #110297 - in reply to #110293
Fantasy Football Champion 09/10 and 10/11
Not sure if I'v read that correctly but it appears as if you are complaining about the number of staff members?

I'm hoping not as I have been one of many complaining for two many years that 1 manager and 1 coach is not enough to run a professional outfit.

1st Team (only staff listed on the backroom staff profiles)
Higgnett - Manager
Fleming - Assistant Manager
Caig - GK coach
Hubbard - Fitness Coach
Buster - Physio
Marty Brown - Kitman

Other backroom staff include (all annoucned as perminant, not necessarily fulltime)
Collins - U21s Coach
Hewitson - Academy Manager
Sweeney - Academy Coach
McGuickin - Youth Coach / Youth Development
Parnaby - Pre/Rehabilitation and Conditioning Coach

With the exception of Parnaby... I don't see to many cross overs in job roles... we could have 1 person doing more than one but then you have someone who is a jack of all trades, master of none.
Like post
Like this post
16 September 2016 15:42 Post ID: #110298 - in reply to #110293
Sam Collins
It is always a concern when signing an "older" player that they will be prone to injury, which will take longer recovery times.
However, with both Jones and Bates they don't shrink from challenges when playing and do provide experience and nous to the defensive unit.
Like post
Like this post
18 September 2016 13:02 Post ID: #110314 - in reply to #110293
James Poole
Owen I fully appreciate the days of a manager plus a trainer/coach are well gone but saying that Fred and Ned Westgarth, Clough and Taylor, Williams and Simpson did not do a bad job.
What I am getting at playing devils advocate is we should look at finance and priorities. We all know football is a job for the boys and Parnaby is about the biggest one you will get. Who has ever heard of a Pre/Rehabilitation and Conditioning coach. On top of that as far as I know he is not even qualified and the only two who need this , Jones and Bates can probably tell him a thing or two.
As for the cross overs, Collins is the under 21s coach. How many players have we got in this age bracket who are not in the first team squad or in the youth team. Now I know from attending reserve team games he takes them but I have seen Hewitson take them many times and lets not forget the reserves play very few games going weeks without them on some occasions.
Whilst I do know Herwitson, Collins and Parnaby are full time I believe the other two do in fact work full time at the club.
As for the kit man, why cannt they take their strips home and wash them (only joking)
In answer to Poolie I am a big fan of Bates, I think he is the best defender on the books but again thinking about the finance we cannot afford him and Jones. After 9 league and cup games, one has started 3 and the other 4 and I empathise started.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: