Hartlepool United Forum - HUMILIATION
Vital Football

Latest Hartlepool United News

Hartlepool United Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Doncaster MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Sub - Deverdics1%
Sub - Rodney50%
Sub - Simpson3%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
3.Old Poolie1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
16 September 2015 15:59 Post ID: #108231
James Poole
For a team to get beat 10 - 2 especially at home is a total humiliation. Yet no one from the club has come out and apologised to the few supporters who turned out to watch.
The team was supposed to be made up of young players and trialists but lets look closely. Five of the players have either played or been on the bench for the first team and three were trialists (ie not kids).
Although I did not attend myself I do go to reserve games and to be honest I class them as none competitive. Some teams just fill them out with very young players who look as if the early kickoff is because they have to get home for their paper rounds.
I very much doubt if many or in fact anybody paid to watch this debacle but if they did they should get their money back.
Come on Pools are a professional league club and for a result like this it is a disgrace. It wasnt as if we were playing Manchester Untd reserves obviously the attitude of the players was not right.
On another note I noticed that Worley had to come off injured yet again. The season is only 5 weeks old and he has come off injured twice and been dropped once. Parnaby mark2?

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
18 September 2015 11:40 Post ID: #108239 - in reply to #108231
Simon Walton
There was 4 trialists and he left back I'm not so sure of so that night be 5 which means half of the team were trialists! 3 of the more senior players had went off injured before the 2nd half meaning the extremely young lads had to come on and perform more than expected. I was there but I'm happy enough to accept it was a team full of trialists and kids against a side that was much more experienced. It happens a lot in reserve football, one side is basically the youth team and the other is a team of experienced players out of the first side, generally only one side will win.
Like post
Like this post
18 September 2015 15:39 Post ID: #108242 - in reply to #108231
James Poole
Sorry Doc but 10 - 2 in any circumstances is humiliating. Obviously I was not there this time but I believe we were four or five down before the more senior players went off. As you describe young sides turn out in this league against more experienced players but have you ever seen a 10 - 2 scoreline particularly against the home side. I thought those scorelines were for the Rec when one team turns up with 9 men. Let us not forget they were representing Hartlepool United.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: