Hartlepool United Forum - FIRST GOALSCORER FOR POOLS
Vital Football

Latest Hartlepool United News

Hartlepool United Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Current Poll (see more polls)
Doncaster MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Carson12%
Donnelly3%
Walker1%
Harrison0%
Magnay7%
Woods1%
Featherstone1%
Hawkins0%
Alessandra7%
Amond1%
Oates12%
Sub - Deverdics1%
Sub - Rodney51%
Sub - Simpson3%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Alfalfa20
2.billytwodogs18
3.Old Poolie8
4.Smokin Joe7
5.Block Sands6
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
FIRST GOALSCORER FOR POOLS
30 January 2015 13:42 Post ID: #106206
Jack Baldwin
I am going to make a slight change to the rule here (well more like an addition).

Some players for whatever reason make their selections quite early, and sometimes put themselves at a disadvantage by selecting their likely goalscorer at that time. They have no way of knowing if he will even line up on the day. In fact, I bet Ronnie Moore probably does not even know till as late as 24 hours or less his actual line up.

So what I am proposing to do is ask for two players to be selected :
a) First choice player, and
b) Substitute in the event that player (a) does not start the match.

At the time of kick-off, if your first choice player starts the game then that player will be your match prediction. Once the game starts, then your substitute player becomes VOID.

If your First choice player does NOT start the game, and your Substitute player DOES, then the sub will become your match selection, and your First choice player then becomes VOID.

In the event that neither player starts the game then you will not be able to score, UNLESS one player came on as a substitute at any point in the game, then they are your match selection. It will be the FIRST player to come on as a sub that will then become your match selection.

Hope this is fairly clear, and I think a fairer way going forward.

Gone are the days when you could pick up the Hartlepool Mail on a Friday night and see the team selections.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Pages (1):
Jump to forum: